Monday, April 26, 2010

Progress Report

I just got a great email from my new gal pal Jaime of Sew She Sews. She wrote to tell me about a project she just finished, and she was able to incorporate the stem stitch, thanks to my tutorial!

I'm so proud of her! She's a natural.

Photo courtesy of Jaime Young.

I am seriously swooning over this piece. I adore her color selection, and the little violet sequins kill me. I haven't even covered the French knot, and she's already got it down. She even painted her wooden hoop a lovely shade of green to match the fern stitch. I die!

The pattern she used is one from Embroidered Effects, and she's done it justice.

Another progress report came in from reader m0relia. Here is what she made after watching my tutorials:

Photo courtesty of m0relia.

I love it! So sweet and pretty.

It really does make me happy to see your projects and to know that so many of you are benefiting from these tutorials. This is the information that fuels me to keep going, and the reason why I do this. :-)

Hugs & Stitches,
Amy

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap!! Those birds are GORGEOUS. I need to get my rear in gear and start stitching already, not that my skillz will at all measure up to these talented newbies. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tutorials are awesome. They are so easy to follow. It has given me so many different stitch options for outlining things. Can't wait for the next class. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blog... i'm hoping to learn something from you from the embroidery department... thanks.

    ReplyDelete