In celebration of Spring, I have a few project ideas to share with you this week. Sunshine + coffee = creative fuel.
Today's project is so quick and easy but it adds such a pretty touch to a completed embroidered wall hanging.
You might remember, I shared this photo a couple of posts back, when I was "dreaming of spring."

(By the way, thank you Denise of Craft Gossip for sharing this with your readers. You're always so kind!)
I think the little blue bird is just lovely the way it is, but I got an idea over the weekend to incorporate one of the Woodgrain picture frames from Kitschy Digitals.
After a little resizing, and playing with the colors in photoshop, I printed my picture frame out on to cardstock, cut it out and glued it on top of the embroidery hoop.
What do you think?

I just love the charm it adds to the finished piece.
Here's another completed project:

If you're interested in trying this for your embroidery projects too, you can find the "Woodgrain Frames" digital kit here.
xoxo
Amy
oooh yay! They look great!! Don't you love it when an idea works out?
ReplyDeletelove love love!! the color of the frame is gorgeous!!!
ReplyDeleteI love it! It definitely adds the finishing touch and the colour is perfect.
ReplyDeleteThis is such an amazing idea! I spotted it over on Danielle's blog - eeek! :) Might have to try it myself. :) I adore your stitching & the fabric you stitch on sooo much!
ReplyDeleteI love it - looks amazing and thanks for the new embroidery tutorials! as a newbie to the embroidery world, how did you pull off such neat stitchies without aida? or do I just need to practice more...
ReplyDelete