Monday, May 12, 2008

Stitched in Translation - Spoiler for Melisser

Thanks to everyone who let me know which bird was your favorite. I think the aqua bird has the popular vote. I really love them both and it's hard for me to pick a favorite.

I started a new embroidery project yesterday, and I had so much fun working on it. I've had ideas swimming around in my head for a few weeks on just what to stitch for Melisser's pay it forward gift. I knew I wanted to do something baking related, but wasn't really feeling any of the designs I had previously stitched. Even though she's loved every single one of my cupcake related embroideries.

I started looking through my saved clip art, and found this great image I had saved a while back.

This illustration was done by one of my favorite artists, Mizna Wada. She makes the cutest little gothic illustrations and dolls, as well as sideshow beauties and other goodies.

Anywho, I decided this would be the design for Melisser's tea towel. I really did have a lot of fun with this design. The hair was the best part.

(I sent Melisser an email this morning, warning her of the spoiler. I can never keep a gift secret!)

I think I might try stitching up another one of Mizna's illustrations soon. I think this one translated wonderfully to embroidery. What do you think?

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. this looks so awesome! what a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, dont let anyone tell you any different *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYTHING about this is cool! I can't believe you can do this! One word...SKILLS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you were able to capture the gradation in her hair - that's amazing! And the earrings are fantastic, and I love her furrowed brow. Great translation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have an amazing talent Amy! I actually think your embroidered version is even cuter than the original :-) I love it and I'm sure Melisser will too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, one word: WOW.

    Ok, now I have to go pick my jaw up off the floor. lol

    Seriously! This is beyond awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is totally awesome! I love it.

    ReplyDelete