Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cardi Revamp

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned my girl Sarah was having a series of giveaways on her blog, and I was the lucky winner of giveaway #2!

This was my first blog giveaway win, and Sarah really spoiled me with a package full of vintage goodies. Most of it consisted of vintage embroidered linens, making me giddy with excitement.

One of the items was a set of napkins, and I decided to take a couple and try something different. I attached fusible webbing to the back of the napkins, cut around the design, and made appliques for a tired old cardigan.

It's hard to see from the pictures, but I added some whip stitches along the edge of the applique for added security. Some of the buttons were missing, so I went through my button collection and added a mix of jeweled pretties.

What do you think?

xoxo
Amy

17 comments:

  1. It looks great! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know who ea is.....but, that comment is from me. I hope you all are enjoying the fall. See you at the Girlie Show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!
    That is a superb idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! What a great idea -- thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'M IN AWE. Seriously, lovely!! It makes me all warm and fuzzy to see what you did with those napkins (that had been sitting in a box for a year).

    And what a great idea-- I will definitely now be on the lookout for more vintage embroidery so I can try my hand! Thanks so much for sharing!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fabulous! Your craftiness never ceases to amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what beautiful vintage embroidery you were gifted & what a super cute cardigan you were able to make using it!

    p.s. I love your new banner design too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOOT you're on craftzine blog again! sweet revamp, lady. i need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!! I've been wanting to make one with my own stitching!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so sweet Amy, lovley job! Happy Halloween :>)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, always typing in a hurry - I didi mean LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your new banner!

    your cardigan looks so pretty and dainty, great job!

    ReplyDelete