Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Swap Love, Part 2

Now that my swap partner, Kristi received the package I sent to her, I can tell you about it. Be sure to also get the run down from Kristi, via her blog!
Note: I forgot to take pictures of my items before sending them off to Kristi, but she has mad photography skills, so the pictures below are courtesy of Kristi.

Remember, the purpose of this swap was to make something cute for the others' bathroom. Kristi had just finished remodeling her bathroom and she chose aqua as the new color base.

A while back, she embroidered this amazing lady for her bathroom, so I started thinking of "mod" style designs.

After brainstorming over 3 basic ideas: aqua, mod, and French knots, I embroidered this:


I decided to embroider on linen, with the original intention of stretching it over canvas. But with the design, it really looked best with some sort of frame / border surrounding it, so I put it in a pretty white frame.


This piece measures approximately 9" x 12", so it took a little while. Not to mention all the French knots! Kristi says there are over 300 French knots! Whew boy!



I also sent her other goodies including: embroidery books, a zippy pouch I made, and an embroidered tea towel. You can see the rest of her loot here.

I have participated in swaps before, but this was Kristi's first, and I have to say this was the best one yet!

xoxo
Amy

12 comments:

  1. Yay!!!!!!!!! I think we sorta rock, ya know? Tee hee. :-D

    Again, thank you so much for a wonderful swap! This looks divine hanging in the potty room. :) (I've been trying to snap a good pic of it, but the lighting in my bathroom is not cooperating and all the pics come out blah.)

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveeeee your swap..you two are both super lucky ladies! :) I'd love to get to swap with you someday.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so wonderful!!! I love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely awesome...the stitching is wonderful! so neatly done

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so pretty!! And wowzer 300 French knots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Makes me realize why I never do swaps. My finished products never look HALF as nice and neat as yours! I'm such a sloppy and impatient embroiderer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is *stunning!* Beautiful work -- so inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wallhanging is fabulous -- beautiful colors, beautiful stitching.

    I love the bird you stitched onto the tea towel. Is that something you drew yourself, or is it a pattern you found online or purchased somewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Glenda! Thank you for the sweet comments. The bird is a vintage Vogart pattern, and it came from needlecrafter.com. There is a bit of a stink going on with Vogart patterns, so be sure to save this one (and all your favorites!) on your computer before they're gone.

    Here is the link for the bird: http://needlecrafter.com/SearchKey/SearchKeywords_detail.php?refNum=10144

    Truly,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the link, Amy!

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete