Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Oh, Deer!

Last week, I gave you a little sneak peak at a squirrel tea towel I've been working on. Well I'm still not finished with that little squirrel, simply because I've been busy with other projects that take priority.

But I did complete a deer towel before starting the squirrel, so I will share that with you today!

These adorable patterns are courtesy of doe-c-doe. You can find the deer and the squirrel patterns in this post here.

For more inspiration, check out Flor's deer! I love that she did hers in baby pink, and it was hard not to follow her lead. Truthfully, I enjoyed this pattern so much, I just might do another one in Flor's color choices.

I'd like to wish a happy birthday to my girl Rachel!

Happy Birthday, pardner!

xoxo,
Amy

12 comments:

  1. your deer is so sweet and adorable!
    I love the vintage birthday card too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my that is so adorable.. your stitching is flawless. how long have you been doing it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie! I've been embroidering for almost 7 years. I love it! Your work is pretty stellar too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're kidding me! that deer is too cute! I'd like to get into embroidery... any websites that might help?

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet! I love the color combination you chose! So pretty and vintage looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh ooh I love your deer! I say you can never have enough random tea towels with deer on them... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love you deer too, i think i specially love your color choices for the flowers. they kinda have a 60's feel to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous...absolutely frigg'in fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I may sound crazy, but I think that awesome deer looks like my puppy Strummer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

    sunnie_fairy: I will compile a list of great embroidery resources for you and send you an email! <3

    Melisser: No, you don't sound crazy. I definitely think this deer looks like a chihuahua hybrid. So yeah, it totally looks like Strummer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy!!!!! Thanks so much for your sweet birthday wish! I love love love love love the vintage card. YAY! :)

    And, of course, I love the deer. I have that pattern printed on an 8.5 X 11 piece of paper and in the front clear cover of the notebook in which I store my embroidery transfers. Every time I look at it, I think, "MAN! I gotta stitch that thing!" Yours inspires me even more. :)

    XOXOXO
    Rach

    ReplyDelete