Thursday, September 22, 2011

Halloween Cross Stitch Wall Hangings

Last week I noticed Heidi Kenney of My Paper Crane had listed a new cross stitch pattern in her Etsy shop.  It's an adorable, vintage inspired Halloween design!


I already had another Halloween project planned, but I put that one to the side after I bought this pattern.  I wanted to do something a little bit different, and focus on making new decorations for the house.  So I decided to cross stitch a couple of the designs on plastic canvas with acrylic yarn.  I l-o-v-e how they turned out!
 


I used 7 count plastic canvas, acrylic yarn, a blunt tapestry needle, and the Halloween Frenzy pattern for this project.  I'm happy to post a tutorial or more detailed how-to instructions, if there are enough requests.

This is a really great weekend project. I was able to finish one pumpkin in an evening while watching Mad Men on Netflix Instant.  I am so happy they added that and Breaking Bad to the Instant options! We haven't had cable for a couple of years, so I've been spoiling myself in the evenings.  Speaking of spoiling, I just started Season 3, so no spoilers in the comments please!

Has anyone else started on Fall or Halloween decorating? 


9 comments:

  1. LOVE these!! I bought this pattern last week, and it never occurred to me to do anything as cool as this! ♥ I'd love to see how you did the edges--they look so nice & neat. :)

    I lugged the container of Autumn/Halloween decor in from the garage yesterday...and that's as far as I've gotten on my decorating. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please post a tutorial! These are so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute. What kind of yarn did you use. My Xs on plastic canvas look like blobs with regular acrylic yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable are those?! Please, oh, please post a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just looooooooooove Heidi Kenney! Everything she does is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is flippin BRILLIANT! you need to show these to Heidi! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a cute idea. I love it. And I love to see it being hanged on my wall too. I really hope you will post tutorial on how you did it because I really love to try making one.
    WallTapestry.com

    ReplyDelete