Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mother Deer

I thought I'd take a time out from my busy schedule to post a couple of pictures of what I'm currently embroidering.

A while back, doe-c-doe uploaded a beautiful scan of a mother and baby deer embroidery pattern, but unfortunately I can't find that original photo to link to. But I did manage to find another scan of the same pattern in the Flickr vintage embroidery pool. You can find the deer pattern here.




I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture, but I am using two slightly different shades of golden brown. I used all 6 strands of floss for the outline of the mother's body, and 4 strands of floss for the line detailing. For the baby, I used 4 strands all over.

I'm on a bit of a woodland creature kick right now, so don't be surprised if you see more woodland themed embroideries pop up in the future.

Hugs & Stitches,
Amy

7 comments:

  1. oohhh so cute and sweet! I can't wait to see more woodland themed embroideries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love woodland animals too! I'm doing a hedgehog embroidery at the moment. I had already favourited this pattern on flickr, it's so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I just traced this one the other day. I can't wait to see more of your woodland friends!

    ReplyDelete