Thursday, December 18, 2008

Country Cool Apron

Ok, I know everyone's been saying it, but I really can't believe Christmas is only ONE WEEK AWAY! *gulp*

I am still working on holiday gifts and I've decided that next year I will just have to start holiday crafting in June or July, so I won't feel like I'm running out of time.

However, I do have a finished non-holiday project to share with you! I hand embroidered a half apron from Sublime Stitching and used the Country Cool embroidery patterns.




I thought she needed some sparkle, so I used the Poppin Pink floss from the Metallic Pallette. I know working with metallic floss can sometimes be a pain in the tookus, but this floss was pretty easy to work with! If you're wanting to use metallics in an upcoming project, I highly recommend using this stuff.

Have you checked out the Sublime Stitching blog lately? If not, head over there straight away, as they have some really great freebie downloads. First are the ultra cute holiday gift tags & second is a stitchable gift tag tutorial!

Laughing all the way,
Amy

13 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, I *love* that you stitched that in a pink palette!! I bet it looks fantastic in-person (metallic floss never photos as shimmery as it is for real). What an adorable apron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, this is beyond amazing - I saw these on Flickr and thought I could just imagine Dolly Parton trotting around in this! So awesome! Thanks for stopping by the Comment Expedition! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! you were before me in "feeling stitchy" holiday comment game...what luck! I saw this embroidery on my Flickr this morning, and I now I have an extra-special excuse to come by to tell you that this ROCKS!Your stitching is just phenomenal, and I love your choice of colors. The metallics also give it a great "pop." I have a Sublime Stitching holiday metallics pack at home, and this is really encouraging me to give them a try!Happy Holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was behind Sherezada on Feeling Stitchy so here I am. And I also saw this on Flickr, along with your other stitchings all of which are phenomenal. Even though I may not have commented to say so before now :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came from Feeling Stitchy. Love the colors you chose on this. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi you were two posts ahead of me!I'm so glad, I'm really enjoying your pictures! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your banner!!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. as always your work is impeccable & fun Amy - this is gorgeous! Now I've got that song in my head...I wanna be a cowgirl, and you can be my cowboy...can you tell I grew up in the 80's ;)oh - and thanks for the tip about the sublime stitching blog, I'll go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome. I love it. I am so behind on my holiday crafting. I am planning to start in January. Surly 12 months will be enough time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome, and yes it's always good to start holiday stitching early. I started in September and finished up during the first week of December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the guns! When I was a kid, my friend's brother had a gun like that and I always wanted to use it when we played cops & robbers. I must get this pattern now. Oh and I haven't heard tookus since I was little too. My dad's friend always said it. Thanks for reminding me of this stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little apron. Very retro. You make me want to learn how to embroider! :)

    ReplyDelete