Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pimp Cake

Last week I received a surprise in the mail from my friend Floresita. She sent me one of the 1st edition Pimp Stitch kits, totally making my day.

All of the patterns are oh so cute, but I knew right away I wanted to stitch that little cupcake! I am such a sucker for cute baked goods. *swoon*

I decided to make a little wall hanging for Darcy's room, so I grabbed a 4" wooden hoop, and got to work. Isn't she sweet?

I added the frosting details and used variegated thread because I'm fancy like that. This was a fast and easy project, and I think I might make a few more as party favors for Darcy's birthday in October.

Good news and bad news. Let's do the bad news first: it looks like Pimp Stitch is all sold out of this 1st edition kit. Rats!

Good news: they have the cutest little HOLIDAY kits available now! Eee! Gimme, gimme!

xoxo
Amy

13 comments:

  1. Super cute Amy! I've been itching to make some embroidered wall hangings for our place. did you just trim the fabric off in the back?
    Lovin the variegated thread!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, lady! Yes, you should totally make some embroidered wall hangings for your place too. Once you do it, it's like, "uhh, why didn't I do this before?!"

    When the embroidery was finished, I removed it from the hoop, and added a very thin layer of glue around the top rim and the side of the bottom hoop piece. Carefully place the fabric back in the hoop, and secure it with the top hoop piece. Then just trim away the fabric edges.

    I might get extra fancy and put some cute cupcake fabric on the back to cover the stitches and glue some decorative ribbon on the side of the hoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats so rad.. now i want one! :)
    your stitching is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute! And OMG those holiday kits!!! I want one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so so sweet!!!!! I love how you used the variegated thread and made the swirly frosting. Very original :)

    Kristin
    Reclaiming The Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute! i admire your work- i'm not very skilled in the embroidery department

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi AMy!
    Thanks so much for the luv! I totally love what you did with this little cupcake! She's adorable with the frosting and fancy thread :)
    xoxo
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute little cuppie! i love pimpstitch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. cupcakes WILL one day take over the world. good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute cupcake creation. I like your frostin additions.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah I like the little cherry! and the thread choice!

    ReplyDelete