Thursday, November 1, 2007

New Beginning

Over the past few months I've been working hard on creating a new craft business. I've decided to leave my Sew Wabi-Sabi name behind, and focus on my new development, Early Bird Special. I'm working on figuring out how to move all my posts from my Sew Wabi-Sabi blog to this new blog. If you have any tips, please let me know!

Early Bird Special was originally a collaborative effort with a friend, but I am flying solo now. I'm very proud of the things I've accomplished and all the hard work I've been doing.


The beautiful logo was created by David Bruehl, a local tattoo artist in OKC.

I recently participated in my first art/craft show, The Girlie Show. I had a lot of fun & learned lots of things to do & not to do at a craft show. I'm thinking about posting another blog about craft shows for others who might be interested in giving it a try. Even though the pressures of preparing for such a huge show weighed heavily on me, I'm looking forward to participating in another art/craft show.

So just what have I been creating? Well I've been embroidering, of course! The two main items I've been embroidering are onesies & pillows. But I made other little items for The Girlie Show like, taggy blankets, burp cloths & zippered pouches. I've decided to stick with the onesies, pillows and start incorporating tea towels to my inventory.

I'm really excited and hopeful about the future of Early Bird Special. I feel like I have grown in my embroidery abilities and have lots of goodness to share. I hope that all my friends who have supported me with Sew Wabi-Sabi will stay with me for this journey too.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for EBS! I'm so glad to see all the new stuff coming together so beautifully - congratulations! Can't wait to see what other rad stuff you make. :)
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. your embroidery looks great and so does the shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!
    I would love to read your advice on craft shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm proud of you too! Sounds like the show went really well. I'd love to do it myself if I could convince the hubby to let go of me for a few days!

    Oh, I got the Mitch O'Connell book in finally and it has some really cute/creepy/funny stuff. All would translate really well in to embroidery, too....

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for your new beginning! You don't know who I am, but I loved your other blog as it inspired me. I am sure this one will be jsut as wonderful! Good luck and maybe I will see you at the Renegade Craft Fair next year!

    ReplyDelete